Welcome to TM Nascar.com! Have Fun All !

5 replies [Last post]
NRT AntiKytherA
NRT AntiKytherA's picture

XBox 360 Controller - Turn vibration intensity to zero or it will cut out, leaving you car careering off track when you hit a gradient change or ramp that would normally cause a vibration.

I decided to play an offline map this morning with the keyboard and leave the controller on the desk connected still. As soon as I hit a bump in the track the controller disconnected. The Player light flashed as it does when you plug the controller in and then it re-connected. That must have been what was happening in yesterday's races.

Anyhow, I have since checked the controller in Dirt 2 and it is fine. Yesterday I just checked it with TMUF which doesn't have vibration functions. The cutting out issue is specific to MP4 latest update. Previously it worked okay still if a little 'drunk' compared to MP3.

NRT Martelprod
NRT Martelprod's picture
You tried an update of driver

You tried an update of driver ?

______
M Party

NRT RedStorm
NRT RedStorm's picture
shocked

Playing TM on a Kiddie console??? Shameful. Be advised I'm now back on TMUF after the TM2 feck up.

NRT AntiKytherA
fixed it kind of

there are no updated drivers, I have the latest from MS Update for it.

the issue is specific to this game and the way they have coded the controller vibration/feedback. as for the kiddie console, lol Smile

I wouldn't mind an XBox One though as that's a pretty decent combination of hardware for multimedia and gaming. Toss up between that and PS4 Pro...

The fun has been ripped out of TM2 by the failed updates to the game and I notice that most the usual players from TM2 are also back in TMUF.

I have actually now negated the problem with the controller though. Simply turning off vibration (set to zero value) cures the cut-outs and the laggy response issue. It is now playing like it did before MP4 again which as far as I can recall never had that vibration function.

NRT AntiKytherA
still not 100% happy with it.

still not 100% happy with it. I'm going to try a clean install of the game after deleting the existing configuration files and see if it works any better

EDIT - that was a waste of time. I may switch back to TMUF if I can't get comfortable with the steering. I can't be bothered starting over with a KB again as it's been far too many years since I played that way. I use a steering wheel and pedals in true simulator games. there's no point in MP4 as the game physics are way too unrealistic for that.

Today's races should be a decent gauge as there's a good mix of tight bends and faster banked turns to get to grips with.

NRT RedStorm
NRT RedStorm's picture
TM2

Is broken beyond belief. I've gone back to TMUF.

User login

SRE Update

Finally, the new version of SRE for MP4: 14.6.2017 Size: 196 MB MP4 update: You can also go directly to your Documents/ManiaPlanet/Packs folder, rename SRE.Title.Pack.Gbx to SRE@tm-nascar.Title.Pack.Gbx, and recieve in game the automatic update

Shout box

Shouts automatically update every 30 seconds
NRT Mr Spockhey bru friend :)5 days 15 hours ago
NRT Martelprodhey bru ::)5 days 15 hours ago
NRT Mr Spockgood evening friends . short visit from home.5 days 17 hours ago
JorandyMany thanks, Mart (and the team).1 week 12 hours ago
NRT MartelprodNRL ISLAND SRE is back1 week 17 hours ago
JorandyThank you - looking forward to it :-)1 week 2 days ago